Friday 12 January 2018

The Ultimate Secret to Success!

What if I could tell you the secret to unlocking success in everything you do? What would you do with this secret?

Would you use it to be more productive at work?  Would you use it to get more out of your time in the gym?  Would you use it to develop stronger relationships with family, friends and colleagues?  

The secret is really simple.  
The secret is you.

'But that's not fair,' you say. 'There are loads of things in my life that are out of my control!  I cannot be the secret to my own success while that success relies on the opportunities offered me by others or while my success relies on the competence or incompetence of others... The universe just conspires against me.  I'm too unfit, I'm too scared, I'm not qualified, I'm too busy, I have too many other responsibilities to focus on my own success!'

And breathe!

While there may be many elements in the universe over which you exercise no control, you are 100% in control of how you respond to them!
YOU are in control of every thought you allow to manifest in your mind so be careful what you think, because you are listening!  Take control of that inner voice!   

I'm not suggesting this is an instant fix.  You may be the sort of person who is able to quiet the negative thoughts almost overnight. It may take you weeks, months or even years; it may be a constant battle in your life until the very end but battle it you must!

The secret to your success is YOU.

Try these 5 tips to help turn around a less than positive mindset and start becoming more successful in all that you do.

1 - Smile  - as often as you can, even if you have to fake it.  Smiling releases endorphins and genuinely makes you feel better and instantly makes others feel better too!
2 - Nod - in the face of adversity. Don't sigh and shake your head; nod and tell yourself you can do it!  You don't even have to believe this, you just have to do it to create more positive pathways in your brain.
3 - Imagine you are 90 years old and have been allowed to come back for the day - list the things you would appreciate.
4 - Imagine you have been told you have 2 months to live - what small stuff would suddenly cease to be important? That stuff right there is not important!  That doesn't mean you have to stop doing or acknowledging whatever it is, just stop placing so much value on it.
5 - Allow yourself to feel afraid.  It's OK to feel anxious and nervous and even terrified about things.  It's not OK to allow these perfectly normal and rational feelings to stop you doing things!  Feel afraid - acknowledge the fear and push through anyway! 

Be careful what you think - because YOU are listening.
Live life like you mean it! 

1 comment: